MAT Action Release Notes
We are constantly adding new features, tweaking old ones, and making bug fixes to ensure you have a great experience.
September 17, 2021
- Tournaments now have a way to merge one division into another using the tournament admin view, and coordinators can merge divisions by using the division view within coordinator
- Certificates always defaulting to left aligned after a field update
September 14, 2021
- Tournaments may be set to mock mode which makes it a test tournament - this is by request only and is a beta feature.
- On organization homepages, when a rating group would only contain upcoming banquets or is empty it is not shown
- To get TVs up and running faster they now have a button to go into full screen in the bottom left, and there are now warnings when their is no tv or tv(s) are not full screen (when display is not in stream mode)
- Want to see more? Interfaces have a button to go in and out of full screen in bottom right (on platforms where this is available and not on stream displays)
- New option for round robin that counts up how many points each person has in total and uses that to break the tie.
- Remote judges we have some changes to make your lives easier:
- You are warned when your score is outside of the min/max range for the division. (a new feature)
- Want to re-arrange? Use the new table headers to sort by name, score, and place in addition to the default order by division order.
- Don't like typing or on a phone? You can use a dropdown system instead of typing. Mobile devices will default to dropdown while desktop will default to typing. This option is located under settings.
- Desktop devices will now have access to the new quick scores feature
- We made a few changes to the look and feel on mobile to make things better including removing the flag and the word info
- Scorekeepers we didn't forget about you - you also get some cool new features!
- Each division can have a min/max score - the scorekeeper will auto-adjust scores to be in this range if they are outside
- To help speed things up each division can have a prefilled score - which is what starts in each box instead of 0. To make this useful tabbing no longer highlights what is inside of the score but instead puts the curser at the end of the current score
- There is some additional visual indicators showing which score is currently selected on
- We added a series of quick score buttons under the scores. These can be clicked on and will assign the currently focused score to the clicked score and move to the next score.
- Scorekeepers can also choose to use dropdowns instead of typing! This option is located under settings.
- More indications when the entered score and the shown score are different
- Certificates should look good and now we are allowing you to be in the driver seat - Tournament admins can now set up their own certificate merge fields and can create samples as PNGs in addition to PDFs
- Interfaces (coordinator, judges, scorekeeper, medic, trophy, and registration) are now fault tolerant in regards to an internet connection. This includes the following functionality:
- They can reload using a download cloud button in the bottom right at any time but particularly after an internet connection loss. Of particular note this means scorekeepers can reload their data without closing their TV.
- Interfaces now pay attention to their connection status and warn the user in the bottom and a dismissible alert on their connection status. (if the alert is dismissed it will not re-appear on a new issue)
- A lot of scorekeeper functionality will remain during an internet outage, including running divisions. However adding new competitors, new judges, and alerts will not work.
- Once reconnected changes made during the outage will be uploaded to the server, this is indicated by a change in the download button to an upload one and the alert if present.
- Dragging and dropping a lot of divisions can be a lot. Tournament ring admin pages now have an area for setting all priorities for its divisions in one go
- On organization homepages, when a rating group would only contain upcoming banquets or is empty it is not shown
- The main content of your screen is the most important so we made some adjustments to header and footer on interfaces (scorekeeper, medic, trophy, judges, and registration) to reduce their size
- Scorekeeper look and feel has been adjusted to remove empty space
- Added session name to the tournament division table and enable imports using a session name column
- Since you can only have anniversary year once and it keeps going up, tournament anniversary years are now set to 1 more then the max already set for that tournament series when adding a new tournament
- Moving completed or ongoing divisions doesn't make sense so we prevent bulk operations from changing rings or sessions for divisions on completed or otherwise in-progress divisions, restrict tournament admins to only move non-started divisions
- To help reduce confusion check-in and check-out buttons are now blue and yellow, and there are additional symbols indicating if the competitor is checked-in or checked-out
- Sometimes the edit buttons were a bit too eager, edit buttons no longer appear until the full page is loaded
- Division names can be long so now scorekeeper hovering over the name now has a tooltip that reveals the division code
- Change default add points in fighting to arrow keys left for red right for blue
- Increase size of pop-up on table columns and changed color of the filter button to green when a filter is not selected.
- Tournament admins can now view the estimated start and stop times in the division table, which is filterable (the session time is now also filterable)
- Admins can now filter the time columns in the transactions table, orders table, and the tournament registrations table
- Tournament registration summaries no longer send certificates for divisions that have send certificates set to no. The option for competitors to download these certificates is also disabled
- Scorekeeper can now correctly re-shuffle round robin divisions (when they do not have a tie breaker)
- Scorekeeper interfaces sometimes forgot fight points on a refresh - after doing some memory exercises this should no longer be the case.
- Resizing now works as expected on interfaces (scorekeeper, registration, coordinator, medic, and trophy table).
- Vertical flag alignment on judge-as interfaces
- Confusing judges without photos didn't show the judge names - this is fixed
- While this shouldn't occur in the future, we have fixed crashes caused by scores without judges attached (this is for old tournaments)
- Correctly import the interface column on division import if provided
- To keep things consistent non-publicly shown divisions no longer count in the publicly viewable medals count when results are public
August 24, 2021
- The clock and stopwatch tools have proved useful so we have renovated them to have some additional functionality and look better - and now you can let other people see them too! Scorekeepers can now project their timer/scorekeeper onto their displays. They can change their display to the selected clock from the pop-up. When a timer is projected it will turn yellow when less then 15 seconds, and red at zero. Also when projected at 0 the stop sound will play.
- Tournament admins now have access to the standings actions on the division page (mark paid/certificate management/edit info) and on the tournament divisions page they can now edit their scores as well
- New options for mapping to allow for setting the mapped to order, and pass up scores. These are only settable via the import and show symbols on the relevant row when viewing from the division admin page.
- Team divisions just want to be able to have their own grands, Team division mapping is now supported
- Sometimes useless buttons can be confusing so now scorekeeper judge as links are now togglable based on tournament type, an override toggle on the tournament, and an override toggle on the ring - so admins can set them to only show when useful
- The scorekeeper toolbelt just got bigger! Scorekeepers have a new tool called "Random Number" which allows them to generate a random number between 1 and a specified value. This can be used to simulate a coin flip or dice roll
- We love filter options too! Coordinator ring manager now allows filtering by session
- Managing who is currently a promoter of a tournament wasn't as nice as our newer positions system, so now the promoters system has been completely merged into the positions system - this includes multiple smaller changes including: removing promoter control from the edit page, promoters are now merged into the positions card on people's public profiles, and additional warnings on promoter positions when accepting.
- Surprises are sometimes good, but you want to know when a needed feature is added instead of hoping you'll stumble on it so we added the new Release Notes page! Which you are looking at right now! There is a link to this page in the footer.
- We know that sometimes before a tournament is running waiting for a ring to recalculate based on your changes is a bore - so there is now a button for recalculating the predicted times on the ring admin page so you can speed things up
- Sometimes people need to know what rank you signed up as, so now rank information is now sent down to scorekeepers, coordinators, and judges
- Slight adjustments to look of final score page due to the need to separate 'move up' scores some changes are visible without them as well
- On the division mapping area of the division page changed "Number of Competitors" to say "Number of Ranks" to be more accurate when dealing with ties.
- The add division mapping feature now adds the division to the existing table instead of reloading so you can add multiple mappings quickly.
- Some people do a lot for martial arts and have a lot of permissions on a lot of things so we redesigned the permissions dashboard module, now with category sorting to categorize the clutter
- Grands are divisions too, so now when estimating the time divisions will take, we now consider the divisions mapped to it and the number of competitors mapped.
- Email merge fields now have a warning that some data may be replaced with dummy text when previewing so you can expect the random nonsense it might generate, because seeing some weird text in your email preview can be confusing.
- Tweaked the wording under the judge info pop-up to say tournament admins instead of promoters
- An option to set the interface now appears on the add division page
- In IOS devices and Safari browsers you may have noticed some judges disappear, this shouldn't happen anymore. We can't make any promises for the judges themselves though.
- Before if you added a single division to a new ring from coordinator's admin tab it would just get unassigned, this is now fixed.
- Team scores now correctly get sent to scorekeepers on refresh, which was always our intention but it now actually does
- Sometimes everyone makes typos and now the admin tournament division page correctly says the division is not finalized when the division gives the option to finalize.
- Missing the grand and interface columns in a division import no longer sets these values to their default
- Tournament page spectator tickets link goes to the store now instead of the cart to skip a step, because skipping steps is nice.
- We decided to show tournament promoters as 2 lines of 2 when there are 4 of them - to keep things in balance as all things should be
- Revenue charts now use the decimal number instead of multiplying the cent value by 100
- Overridden ranks once again won't also be given to someone else in the division because that is confusing.
August 11, 2021
- Sometimes we just want the quick summary, so now you have a summary of your registrations so you can see their ring info quickly!
- You can now watch our streams within our site! Visit the schedule pages and if the tournament staff and added the correct embed you will see the stream there
- You can now import divisions with the session uuid - to assign all the sessions at once
- Some tournament service fees don't get charged to the end-user but admins want to know how much it is, the total service fees are now shown to admins on the order page.
- Virtual banquets can now allow their attendees to pickup their award instead of only shipping them and can set a custom message in the attendance selection so they can describe their options
- Tournaments will now lock divisions after one shuffle (a very good idea when the shuffle is done ahead of time) coordinators can reset this and this can be disabled ahead of time.
- Ring schedule pages are now fully live, but what if you lose internet? We attempt to identify when this happens and refresh when the internet is back.
- On banquets the pickup option no longer says pickup by friend/instructor because sometimes you want to pickup your own awards - just not at the banquet, and no longer requires a name (if no name is provided it defaults to self)
- The division import now has additional optional fields
- Facebook embedds now auto-play - we do like the moving pictures
- Banquet tickets now follow the attending type flags because tickets ignoring them doesn't make sense
- Changed the default division split mapping to copy - because that is typically the one people want to use
- We have re-added the clone division split option - this does what custom did before we changed it - put everyone in both divisions.
- Ordering your transactions based on payment channel should no longer crash - because that is annoying when it does that
- Splitting the divisions using the parent split options now actually splits
- There were a couple instances where we put an internal string instead of a nicely formatted string these now show the nice version
- Added some security enhancements
July 29, 2021
- For admins it would show every notification you ever got on one page - which was a lot and unhelpful - we now paginate them so its usable even with thousands of notifications
- Everyone loves new toys and now we have a new band new system for sending bulk mail to tournament registrations or orders using the bulk operations tools.
- Orders now have a last interaction column, which should be more useful then the updated at column
- Tournaments and orders have a last reminder column which is for the last reminder sent
- Email previews are now available on templates and other pages and will use fake data
- Scorekeepers now have links to judge as their judges to submit their scores if needed
- Tournament divisions can now be assigned to a session and ring in one go so its less repetitive to do both
- We now prevent rings from sending multiple texts to the same division entry - should aid in preventing spam
- The judge as link now works correctly