MAT Action Release Notes
We are constantly adding new features, tweaking old ones, and making bug fixes to ensure you have a great experience.
October 22, 2021
- We are very excited to announce the introduction of two factor authentication! See the security section of these release notes for details.
- New fight spread indicators for both minimum and maximum spreads, if the min spread is not met the scorekeeper and TV have a faint yellow line around the score, and an alert if a winner is declared when the minimum is not met. When the max is met the scores turn green and red for the winner and loser respectively.
- Tournament admins can now disable winner screens on a per division basis
- Scorekeepers now have a warning when the division is already shuffled
- A yellow bar now appears around the time area on both scorekeepers and displays (not graphics controller) when the time is out OR the max spread is reached
- We now also show the no certificates issued warning on individual certificate pages
- We now prevent duplicate discount codes - even if they are inactive. Discount codes now have notes, allow deleting when not used, and allow setup of codes for a fixed price tier
- You can now delete your tournament registrations when they are drafts
- Division bulk operations mapping options now have grands at the top
- Scorekeepers can see some fight rules in the settings menu
- Coordinator ring manager date filter now defaults to the current day - only if that day has divisions
- Tournament registrations can now have labels, and tournament divisions labels can filter by the number of people in them.
- The public value on tournament divisions can now be set with bulk operations
- Verifying phone numbers now uses the reply system for verifying user and notification channel numbers.
- Additionally, phone numbers can now be verified using a code sent to the phone within the first 24 hours - this is the only option for some countries.
- Tournament summary pages on the admin division and registration page now must be opened by clicking show summary when around when the tournament would be ongoing
- Coordinator ring manager date filter now uses the weekday instead of just the number
- Tournament discount codes can now be created being contingent on the registration conforming to a label - this is checked every time the registration is added to the cart
- Fixes in some un-common situations in the payment process
- Prevent registrations from being created in coordinator that are blank or undefined
- When a sparring division does not break the tie for 3rd it now gives both 3rd not 4th.
- When going back in scorekeeper in a fighting division, you no longer have to go through the scores phase
- You can now add two factor authentication to your account. This means you will need to additionally provide either a one time code sent to your phone or a time based code generated by a supported smartphone app. This greatly increases your login security. To set-up go to your account using the dropdown in the top right!
- Custom created tournament accounts are now disabled shortly after events have concluded
October 22, 2021
- When a competitor is disqualified in a scores division they can now use a DQ button to assign and lock-in the DQ score and indicate they are a DQ in multiple places
- Tournaments now have a interfaces management center where they can send messages to interfaces and request or force reloads/refreshes
- Tournament division description can now be set in the division bulk operations
- Tournaments can now send Promotional Emails - which do not go to people who have a registration or whose name or email already a registration (including draft) on the current tournament in the series, or if the email has a user with registrations. The merge options now have a new button that will take the user to the current tournament to register (directly to the registration page for that profile if possible)
- There is now a page for tournament series reports, which currently has report to see who registered for what years the series has been running.
- Removed the un-used permission for judges - and added 3 new ones on tournaments. We have added Judge registration as a staff permission to use the registration interface to access judges, along with judge view and edit on tournaments. Access to judges is no longer granted by the edit tournament permission. The view and edit judges permission has been auto-granted to all those that currently have tournament edit, and the judge registration has been auto-granted to all users with the current registration permission. Additionally the staff registration permission has been renamed Competitor Registration. (Judge Registration will be auto-added to all new registration users we create)
- There is now a way to check in and out judges. A new permission is required to access judge registration and both competitor and judge registration use the registration interface. Judge registration does not have access to purchase spectators
- Expenses can now have a parent invoice so you can relate invoices to each other
- Tournament admins may now check-in a certain number of generic judges across all rings
- Coordinators can now tell a ring to check in all eligible competitors and setup the order / brackets for all divisions - this will be useful for tournaments that close all divisions and want to post draws for all divisions
- New sparring option "Ignore Final Fight" that changes the following behavior:
- Allow ties for ranks 1 & 2 (scorekeeper only)
- Does not send out certificates for top 2
- The final fight does not run and says 'skip', both competitors are awarded 1st
- If you are using this behaviour to map to a second division you will want to map 2 from and to those divisions
- Uses a special version of round robin if enabled on 3
- New tournament and organization division attribute - certificate name - if provided it will overrule the name and print this on the certificate instead.
- Added warnings for when a tournament has grand divisions that do not have mappings
- If provided on the tournament registration, the available divisions will now filter by the weight instead of allowing a full choice
- Moved some admin nav options into the pages themselves:
- Tournament - Moved ring groups into a tab in Rings
- Tournament - Moved tickets, seats, seat tiers, and room management into one option
- Tournament, Organization, Events - Moved sponsors and partners into one option
- Tournament, Organization, Events - Combined PassCreator options and prevent it from appearing if un-used
- Upgraded our HTML Editors
- Improved mobile responsiveness for the coordinator interface on mobile devices
- Interfaces have some slight tweaks to the messages icon to reflect new messages (messages that appear when open are not considered new)
- Tournament registration page now uses breadcrumbs
- Description can be set in the division bulk operations
- If enabled countries are now separated in the brackets not just round 1
- Coordinators can now sort the ring manager by number of divisions or end time, in addition to the default sorting.
- New column for shipping on the order lines report
- Coordinators now must enable drag and drop when using division transfer tool, division assigner, or schedule pages before drag and drop will work. These tools now also have the option to disable ring movement notifications.
- Coordinator interface now has better searching for divisions and rings in many situations.
- Disabled drag-drop for re-ordering in the lower area of the coordinator division assigner due to the potential for confusion when combined with filters.
- New column to the admin tournament division table - is final
- Order view pages now have breadcrumbs
- Improved mobile responsiveness on dashboard modules, and a few other admin pages.
- importing team options is now available, and team options are now on the divisions table
- There was a bug where it registration believed it lost internet when going back to search
- When refunds cannot be instantly approved the order edit emails and the order page do not include the refund transaction. This is fixed and the transaction is considered pending until approved.
- Whenever you sent tournament draft reminders and carts the updated at value would be set which would make it chaotic since they were all the same, this no longer occurs
October 1, 2021
- Tournament divisions now have a toggle to hide divisions from the trophy table
- Added a remove all button to the permissions page
- Removed old way of events sending mass emails. Events can now use bulk operations to send emails, and can send emails on an individual basis - including certificate and tagged image emails
- Division restrictions can now also be removed on a per division entry basis, this can be done on the edit info action on the division page or under the competitor pop-up in the coordinator division view.
- Tournament divisions can now be set to remove division restrictions - which will still use the restrictions to block registrations but will allow people who do not qualify anymore to still compete. (similar to competitor restrictions removal - injury blocks, tournament wide blocks, wellness checks, and registration check-in will still apply)
- Tournament divisions can now be set to not require weigh in. This will mean the weight values are ignored for blocking.
- Banquets can now be marked as closed after registration so it gives a different message
- Multi-line fields in pdfs will now auto-shrink to fit the given width
- On the tournament admin page the pay at door column is now hidden when pay at door is disabled
- Updating division restrictions now immediately updates score keepers with new competitor statuses.
- When merging tournament divisions, we now expand the merged into division to the outer bounds of the two divisions
- When looking at a tournament dashboard, the current tournament and the tournament year often fought and were confusing.
We have forced them to compromise and now here is how tournament dashboards now work:
- Tournament dashboard modules can now be set to a specific year (non-default). If set that module will always be that year.
- If the tournament module is on a tournament series dashboard (and is set to the default year) the module will use the dropdown selected tournament
- If it is not on a tournament series dashboard (Ex. Personal Dashboard) and no year is selected, it will use the current tournament in the series
- Banquets can now be marked as closed after registration so it gives a different message
- 2 guest list event icon tooltips were not showing correctly
- We have fixed registration desk not getting told when a handle registration invite is accepted
- When switching from graphics controller and scorekeeper the window specific styling is reset so it doesn't get stuck on winner screens
- Removed the division bulk ops warning because the functionality was previously expanded to send out notifications
September 27, 2021
- Tournaments can now delete their own sanctions
- To prevent ghost ratings, when deleting a sanction divisions links are now also deleted
- When importing Divisions the gender field is now case insensitive
- Orders now get an interaction when a membership is added
September 24, 2021
- Tournaments, events, and organizations now have a simple expense tracking system which will be expanded upon in a future release.
- Tournaments can now allow registrants to mark that they will pay at the door to aid in event planning.
- Tags now have a placeholder instead of using the first tag
- Some column filters were not showing up
- When we setup a tournament branch maximum fee, that fee now correctly shows up
- We fixed an issue when adding divisions to the cart when they are in a branch that does not use the default share group
- Membership discounts were not showing up on the orders table, this is fixed going forward and we will be fixing the previously added ones in the coming days.
September 17, 2021
- Tournaments now have a way to merge one division into another using the tournament admin view, and coordinators can merge divisions by using the division view within coordinator
- Certificates always defaulting to left aligned after a field update
September 14, 2021
- Tournaments may be set to mock mode which makes it a test tournament - this is by request only and is a beta feature.
- On organization homepages, when a rating group would only contain upcoming banquets or is empty it is not shown
- To get TVs up and running faster they now have a button to go into full screen in the bottom left, and there are now warnings when their is no tv or tv(s) are not full screen (when display is not in stream mode)
- Want to see more? Interfaces have a button to go in and out of full screen in bottom right (on platforms where this is available and not on stream displays)
- New option for round robin that counts up how many points each person has in total and uses that to break the tie.
- Remote judges we have some changes to make your lives easier:
- You are warned when your score is outside of the min/max range for the division. (a new feature)
- Want to re-arrange? Use the new table headers to sort by name, score, and place in addition to the default order by division order.
- Don't like typing or on a phone? You can use a dropdown system instead of typing. Mobile devices will default to dropdown while desktop will default to typing. This option is located under settings.
- Desktop devices will now have access to the new quick scores feature
- We made a few changes to the look and feel on mobile to make things better including removing the flag and the word info
- Scorekeepers we didn't forget about you - you also get some cool new features!
- Each division can have a min/max score - the scorekeeper will auto-adjust scores to be in this range if they are outside
- To help speed things up each division can have a prefilled score - which is what starts in each box instead of 0. To make this useful tabbing no longer highlights what is inside of the score but instead puts the curser at the end of the current score
- There is some additional visual indicators showing which score is currently selected on
- We added a series of quick score buttons under the scores. These can be clicked on and will assign the currently focused score to the clicked score and move to the next score.
- Scorekeepers can also choose to use dropdowns instead of typing! This option is located under settings.
- More indications when the entered score and the shown score are different
- Certificates should look good and now we are allowing you to be in the driver seat - Tournament admins can now set up their own certificate merge fields and can create samples as PNGs in addition to PDFs
- Interfaces (coordinator, judges, scorekeeper, medic, trophy, and registration) are now fault tolerant in regards to an internet connection. This includes the following functionality:
- They can reload using a download cloud button in the bottom right at any time but particularly after an internet connection loss. Of particular note this means scorekeepers can reload their data without closing their TV.
- Interfaces now pay attention to their connection status and warn the user in the bottom and a dismissible alert on their connection status. (if the alert is dismissed it will not re-appear on a new issue)
- A lot of scorekeeper functionality will remain during an internet outage, including running divisions. However adding new competitors, new judges, and alerts will not work.
- Once reconnected changes made during the outage will be uploaded to the server, this is indicated by a change in the download button to an upload one and the alert if present.
- Dragging and dropping a lot of divisions can be a lot. Tournament ring admin pages now have an area for setting all priorities for its divisions in one go
- On organization homepages, when a rating group would only contain upcoming banquets or is empty it is not shown
- The main content of your screen is the most important so we made some adjustments to header and footer on interfaces (scorekeeper, medic, trophy, judges, and registration) to reduce their size
- Scorekeeper look and feel has been adjusted to remove empty space
- Added session name to the tournament division table and enable imports using a session name column
- Since you can only have anniversary year once and it keeps going up, tournament anniversary years are now set to 1 more then the max already set for that tournament series when adding a new tournament
- Moving completed or ongoing divisions doesn't make sense so we prevent bulk operations from changing rings or sessions for divisions on completed or otherwise in-progress divisions, restrict tournament admins to only move non-started divisions
- To help reduce confusion check-in and check-out buttons are now blue and yellow, and there are additional symbols indicating if the competitor is checked-in or checked-out
- Sometimes the edit buttons were a bit too eager, edit buttons no longer appear until the full page is loaded
- Division names can be long so now scorekeeper hovering over the name now has a tooltip that reveals the division code
- Change default add points in fighting to arrow keys left for red right for blue
- Increase size of pop-up on table columns and changed color of the filter button to green when a filter is not selected.
- Tournament admins can now view the estimated start and stop times in the division table, which is filterable (the session time is now also filterable)
- Admins can now filter the time columns in the transactions table, orders table, and the tournament registrations table
- Tournament registration summaries no longer send certificates for divisions that have send certificates set to no. The option for competitors to download these certificates is also disabled
- Scorekeeper can now correctly re-shuffle round robin divisions (when they do not have a tie breaker)
- Scorekeeper interfaces sometimes forgot fight points on a refresh - after doing some memory exercises this should no longer be the case.
- Resizing now works as expected on interfaces (scorekeeper, registration, coordinator, medic, and trophy table).
- Vertical flag alignment on judge-as interfaces
- Confusing judges without photos didn't show the judge names - this is fixed
- While this shouldn't occur in the future, we have fixed crashes caused by scores without judges attached (this is for old tournaments)
- Correctly import the interface column on division import if provided
- To keep things consistent non-publicly shown divisions no longer count in the publicly viewable medals count when results are public
August 24, 2021
- The clock and stopwatch tools have proved useful so we have renovated them to have some additional functionality and look better - and now you can let other people see them too! Scorekeepers can now project their timer/scorekeeper onto their displays. They can change their display to the selected clock from the pop-up. When a timer is projected it will turn yellow when less then 15 seconds, and red at zero. Also when projected at 0 the stop sound will play.
- Tournament admins now have access to the standings actions on the division page (mark paid/certificate management/edit info) and on the tournament divisions page they can now edit their scores as well
- New options for mapping to allow for setting the mapped to order, and pass up scores. These are only settable via the import and show symbols on the relevant row when viewing from the division admin page.
- Team divisions just want to be able to have their own grands, Team division mapping is now supported
- Sometimes useless buttons can be confusing so now scorekeeper judge as links are now togglable based on tournament type, an override toggle on the tournament, and an override toggle on the ring - so admins can set them to only show when useful
- The scorekeeper toolbelt just got bigger! Scorekeepers have a new tool called "Random Number" which allows them to generate a random number between 1 and a specified value. This can be used to simulate a coin flip or dice roll
- We love filter options too! Coordinator ring manager now allows filtering by session
- Managing who is currently a promoter of a tournament wasn't as nice as our newer positions system, so now the promoters system has been completely merged into the positions system - this includes multiple smaller changes including: removing promoter control from the edit page, promoters are now merged into the positions card on people's public profiles, and additional warnings on promoter positions when accepting.
- Surprises are sometimes good, but you want to know when a needed feature is added instead of hoping you'll stumble on it so we added the new Release Notes page! Which you are looking at right now! There is a link to this page in the footer.
- We know that sometimes before a tournament is running waiting for a ring to recalculate based on your changes is a bore - so there is now a button for recalculating the predicted times on the ring admin page so you can speed things up
- Sometimes people need to know what rank you signed up as, so now rank information is now sent down to scorekeepers, coordinators, and judges
- Slight adjustments to look of final score page due to the need to separate 'move up' scores some changes are visible without them as well
- On the division mapping area of the division page changed "Number of Competitors" to say "Number of Ranks" to be more accurate when dealing with ties.
- The add division mapping feature now adds the division to the existing table instead of reloading so you can add multiple mappings quickly.
- Some people do a lot for martial arts and have a lot of permissions on a lot of things so we redesigned the permissions dashboard module, now with category sorting to categorize the clutter
- Grands are divisions too, so now when estimating the time divisions will take, we now consider the divisions mapped to it and the number of competitors mapped.
- Email merge fields now have a warning that some data may be replaced with dummy text when previewing so you can expect the random nonsense it might generate, because seeing some weird text in your email preview can be confusing.
- Tweaked the wording under the judge info pop-up to say tournament admins instead of promoters
- An option to set the interface now appears on the add division page
- In IOS devices and Safari browsers you may have noticed some judges disappear, this shouldn't happen anymore. We can't make any promises for the judges themselves though.
- Before if you added a single division to a new ring from coordinator's admin tab it would just get unassigned, this is now fixed.
- Team scores now correctly get sent to scorekeepers on refresh, which was always our intention but it now actually does
- Sometimes everyone makes typos and now the admin tournament division page correctly says the division is not finalized when the division gives the option to finalize.
- Missing the grand and interface columns in a division import no longer sets these values to their default
- Tournament page spectator tickets link goes to the store now instead of the cart to skip a step, because skipping steps is nice.
- We decided to show tournament promoters as 2 lines of 2 when there are 4 of them - to keep things in balance as all things should be
- Revenue charts now use the decimal number instead of multiplying the cent value by 100
- Overridden ranks once again won't also be given to someone else in the division because that is confusing.
August 11, 2021
- Sometimes we just want the quick summary, so now you have a summary of your registrations so you can see their ring info quickly!
- You can now watch our streams within our site! Visit the schedule pages and if the tournament staff and added the correct embed you will see the stream there
- You can now import divisions with the session uuid - to assign all the sessions at once
- Some tournament service fees don't get charged to the end-user but admins want to know how much it is, the total service fees are now shown to admins on the order page.
- Virtual banquets can now allow their attendees to pickup their award instead of only shipping them and can set a custom message in the attendance selection so they can describe their options
- Tournaments will now lock divisions after one shuffle (a very good idea when the shuffle is done ahead of time) coordinators can reset this and this can be disabled ahead of time.
- Ring schedule pages are now fully live, but what if you lose internet? We attempt to identify when this happens and refresh when the internet is back.
- On banquets the pickup option no longer says pickup by friend/instructor because sometimes you want to pickup your own awards - just not at the banquet, and no longer requires a name (if no name is provided it defaults to self)
- The division import now has additional optional fields
- Facebook embedds now auto-play - we do like the moving pictures
- Banquet tickets now follow the attending type flags because tickets ignoring them doesn't make sense
- Changed the default division split mapping to copy - because that is typically the one people want to use
- We have re-added the clone division split option - this does what custom did before we changed it - put everyone in both divisions.
- Ordering your transactions based on payment channel should no longer crash - because that is annoying when it does that
- Splitting the divisions using the parent split options now actually splits
- There were a couple instances where we put an internal string instead of a nicely formatted string these now show the nice version
- Added some security enhancements
July 29, 2021
- For admins it would show every notification you ever got on one page - which was a lot and unhelpful - we now paginate them so its usable even with thousands of notifications
- Everyone loves new toys and now we have a new band new system for sending bulk mail to tournament registrations or orders using the bulk operations tools.
- Orders now have a last interaction column, which should be more useful then the updated at column
- Tournaments and orders have a last reminder column which is for the last reminder sent
- Email previews are now available on templates and other pages and will use fake data
- Scorekeepers now have links to judge as their judges to submit their scores if needed
- Tournament divisions can now be assigned to a session and ring in one go so its less repetitive to do both
- We now prevent rings from sending multiple texts to the same division entry - should aid in preventing spam
- The judge as link now works correctly